Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nail Trend!

Anybody who hangs around me knows that I am generally a big fan of change. I change my style, I change my hair, and as a personal rule to myself every two weeks, I change my nails. This week I tried a nail trend that I've seen all over the place lately, and I must say that I'm a fan. 
The idea is basically to have all of your nails painted one color except for the ring fingers, which are to be painted a different color, or embellished with some sort of design. I haven't ventured into adding designs to my ring fingers yet, but I did test the waters with something very basic. I had my nail technician shape my nails with a custom solar coral/orange color, and when I got home, I painted the ring fingers with one of my favorite summer polishes, Orange 7 by Urban Outfitters. Here's the result!


Kind of quirky, but very cute. The look is simple, yet still different enough to catch the eye. Plus I love this color combination. It reminds me of Dreamsicles, which were always a favorite of mine during the summers growing up.

Here's the polish... It's become one of my go-tos for a soft, girly look.


I've noticed that the trend definitely works best if you stick within a certain color or tonal family, which is why I think the two oranges work well together. In the fall or winter, the look would be sexy with deep, gem tones.
This trend is so easy that anyone can do it. It adds such a unique touch to an everyday look.

Hope everyone's having a beautiful Wednesday! Treat yourself to a humpday cocktail... and go paint your nails. 

Natalie Delaine

No comments:

Post a Comment