Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jeffrey Campbell, I love you.

I just have to share with the world my newest obsession. I've been searching high and low for the perfect platform lace-ups, and alas, I've found 'em. They aren't even "mine" yet, seeing as how they've been shipped and haven't arrived at my apartment, but I can already tell you I'm in love.



These are the Lita by Jeffrey Campbell, in taupe suede. I've read raving reviews on how comfortable and lightweight these shoes are, despite the chunkiness and heavy look. They're exactly what I've been looking for and I cannot wait to wear them when they get here! I'm headed to NAHA in Las Vegas in two weeks, and as silly as sounds to base an entire outfit around a pair of shoes, I believe it is completely necessary, as these are amazing. I can't wait to show off these bad boys.
Check out Akira's website. Their prices on Jeffrey Campbell are awesome, and they ship super quickly. I ordered two days ago, and yesterday they were already marked as shipped!
You better believe I'll be posting photos of these as soon as they're on my feet.

In related news, I still have yet to find what I want to wear with them! I'm thinking a simple dress of some sort, but even after scouring the Galleria on Thursday night, I can't find anything that seems to be right. I've only got fourteen days, so wish me luck!

I have one more goodie to show off today... my new pair of vintage eyeglasses. 



I've had these for a few weeks now, but I've just lately been wearing them a lot more often. I usually wear contacts, but on days when I don't feel like taking the time to put them in, I can slip these on and instantly feel a little sexier. They give off a cool 1960s vibe, and the shiny silver makes them super unique, as most cat-eye glasses we see nowadays are black. These were definitely not what I expected to find when I was shopping for new glasses... but I'm glad, because they're way better than what I had in mind originally. I walked into Smith Opticians and immediately knew that this was the perfect place to find a new pair. 
If you're living in the Houston area and are in the market for a new pair of specs, I highly recommend Smith Opticians. They are very helpful, very quick to get your glasses filled with your prescription, and best of all, very reasonably priced. I was very impressed to find out that in addition to carrying new brands and styles, they have an entire room dedicated to true vintage specs that you won't find anywhere else. I must say I was very pleased with my experience there.

Hope everybody's having a fantastic weekend! I'm about to kick back and relax with the latest issue of W and daydream about my Jeffrey Campbells... again. 

Natalie Delaine

Jeffrey Campbell image via Akira.

1 comment: