Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer Skincare

When it comes to beauty products, my weakness is in skincare. I absolutely love trying new things and discovering what works and what doesn't. I want to share with you guys what my routine has been as of late, and give an overview of each step.


From left to right:

boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil
I've been using this as my nightly cleanser for about six months now, and I am OBSESSED. I have never found a product that removes my facial makeup and cleanses my skin so well at the same time. I was skeptical to try it at first, because it actually is an oil and my skin doesn't react to oily products very pleasantly, but this leaves my skin feeling incredibly clean and refreshed. I was hooked after a week.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
This cream is a miracle moisturizer. I've had eczema almost my entire life, and it's been a pain trying to find moisturizers for my hands and body that don't cause irritation or worsen my eczema when I have flare-ups, but this stuff is formulated specifically to hydrate parched, cracked skin, and it protects against environmental irritants. I use the Repair Cream daily on my hands, and it's so relieving after a busy day at the salon when my hands are in and out of water. Love this stuff.

Sephora Smart Dual Action Exfoliator
I use this twice a week as a regular exfoliant. It has two different steps inside the tub - one side is white and one side is green. First, I use the white exfoliant on my whole face after I've finished using my basic cleanser, rubbing in small circles. Then I use the green exfoliant directly on top of the white, but I only place it on my oiliest areas (the T-zone) and rub that in for a few seconds. To finish, I use a warm washcloth and wipe the exfoliant off. My skin always feels so smooth and polished afterward.

Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant
This sugar-based, peppermint lip-exfoliant is awesome. I use this only as needed, because it is a tiny tube, and it's a little on the pricey side ($18 for a 0.75oz tube), which kind of bums me out, but in my opinion that is literally the only downside. I wear lipstick daily, and when my lips get dry in extreme heat or extreme cold weather, the lipstick starts to look dull and almost clumpy. However, if I use the exfoliant in the morning before I put on my lipstick, my lips look smooth and soft all day long.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
I love anything that makes my skin radiant, and let me tell you, this stuff did to my skin exactly what it says it will do. I noticed a big difference in even skin-tone and my face looks so much more glowy and radiant after a few months of using the serum. This one is very pricey ($79 for a 1oz bottle), but I was lucky enough to snag a sample-size (which is almost .05oz) for free in a Caudalie gift-package from Sephora when I saved up my Beauty Insider points a few months back. It pays off to spend so much time in that store! I use just a few drops of the serum on my face every night after using the MakeUp BreakUp cleanser. I'm addicted.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
This classic moisturizer by Clinique has been a staple in my beauty routine for a long time. I use this every morning and every night as the last step before putting on my makeup or going to sleep. It's very gentle and light, and my skin stays moisturized all day/night with this lotion.

boscia B.B. Cream
At the beginning of summer, I started seeing lots of other bloggers post about B.B. creams, which I had never heard of. I did a little bit of research and found out that B.B. cream (also referred to as "blemish balm" or "beauty balm") has been around for years, but it was mainly sold in East and Southeast Asia. There are lots of different types of B.B. creams, most containing SPF and some sort of antioxidants that improve the skin. Lucky for us, B.B. creams are all over the market in America now, and I was excited when I discovered that Sephora started carrying one from boscia. I decided to give it a shot, and so far I actually really like it. It contains SPF 27, is oil-free, hydrates, and firms the skin. The best part is that it comes in a universal shade that adjusts with your individual skin-tone, and it gives a flawless, smooth look. I love wearing this when I'm spending the day outside, because it gives just enough color and it has SPF, so I know I'm protected from the harsh rays in this Houston heat. After I use up this B.B. cream, I want to try a few other brands' creams, so I'll update on those later on down the line.

All of the products above can be found in Sephora stores or on the Sephora website. I promise I wasn't set up to endorse any of these products, but I absolutely love them all, and my skin does, too! 

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Tuesday!

Natalie Delaine

No comments:

Post a Comment